Artwork

Pinnis Rudolfs

available 4 items

Rudolfs Pinnis (1902.11.X – 1992.21.X)

Graduated V. Tone studio (1919 – 20) at Art Academy of Latvia (1921 – 22). Improved knowledges in Italy (1927 – 29) and Paris (1929 – 35), attended private studio Academie de la Grande Schaumiere.

Artist lived abroad in 1927 – 39.

R. Pinnis took part in exhibitions since 1930.
Self-exhibitions were organized in Riga (1936, 1939, 1959, 1973, together with E. Pinne, closed at the opening day; 1975, 1976, together with E. Pinne; 1983, together with E. Pinne, 1987, 1990, 1992, 1993), Moscow (1959), Jelgava and Bauska (1962, together with E. Pinne), Tukums and Liepaja (1962), Sigulda (1964, together with E. Pinne), Jurmala (1973, together with E. Pinne; 1987), Tallinn (1976, together with E. Pinne), Koknese (1987), Madona (1989), Jelgava (1989), Munich (1991), Hamburg (1992).

Artist was a director of Fine arts department in Art business administration of Soviet Latvia (1940 – 41), one of the founders of Artists Union and its member since 1946 (expelled in 1950, restored in 1954).