Aleksandra Belcova (1892-1981)
Studied at the Art School in Penza (1912-1917), State Free Art Workshops in Petrograd with N. Altman (1918-1919).
Together with her husband Romans Suta, she moved to Latvia in 1919. She was a member of the Riga Artists’ Group (1920 - 1924) and participated in the group exhibitions (1920, 1923). During this time, she created caricatures in the political pages HoHo and Hallo. She took part also in the exhibitions of Riga Graphic Artists’ Association and the Association "Zaļā vārna" (1927-31). She worked in oil, water colors, graphic arts and produced paintings on chinaware at the Baltars workshop in 1924 - 1928.
Solo exhibitions - in Riga (1928, together with R.Suta, 1962 ,1972), Tukums (1963), Leningrad (1972/73), Liepaja (1974), Jurmala (1977). Painted mostly portraits and still life’s. One of the most exquisite representatives of cubism in Latvian painting of the first decade of the 20th century, who later turned to realism.