Leonids Maurins (1934-2012)
From 1954 to 1961 studied at J. Rozentāls Riga Art School
From 1961 to 1969 studied at the Art Academy of Latvia, Pedagogical Department.
1969 - work as tutor at evening courses at the Chair of design, Latvian Academy of Arts.
1969 - first participation in an exhibition of Republican (7th Exhibition of Young Artists in Riga).
From 1969 to 1970 - execution of the artist`s first monumental decorative painting for cafe "Allegro".
1975 - participation in the exhibition of young artists in Dzintari, Exhibition Hall (G. Liepina, L. Maurins, B. Vasilevskis, M. Tabaka).
1976 - the artist was accepted as member of the Latvian Artists Union, Section of Decorative Design.