Belcova Aleksandraavailable 1 item
(1892.17.III – 1981.1.II)
Studies at the Art School in Penza (1912-1917), State Free Art Workshops in Petrograd under N. Altman (1918-1919).
Together with her husband Romans Suta, she moved to Latvia in 1919. She was a member of the Riga Artists Group (1920 - 1924) and participated in the group exhibitions (1920, 1923). In this time she drew caricatures in the political pages. She took part also in the exhibitions of Riga Graphic Artist's Association and Association "Zaļā vārna" (1927-31). She worked in oil, water color, graphic arts and produced paintings on chinaware at the Baltars workshop in 1924 - 1928.
Solo exhibitions - in Riga (1928, together with R.Suta, 1962 1972), Tukums (1963), Leningrad (1972/73), Liepaja (1974), Jurmala (1977). Painter mostly of portraits and still-lifes. One of the most exquisite representatives of Cubism in Latvian painting of the first decade of the 20th century, who later turned to realism.